Lobster Mac ‘n’ CheesePrint
Three cheeses, buttery bread crumbs and fresh lobster… is your mouth watering yet? This dish puts a lobster (tail) spin on a crowd favourite.
- 2 x 8 oz Packages of Clearwater Frozen Raw Claw and Knuckle Lobster Meat, thawed
- ¼ cup Lobster juice (reserved from poached lobster pack)
- 4 cups Cooked macaroni or desired pasta
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 3 cups Cream
- 2 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese grated
- 2 cups Extra-sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bring 2 gallons of water to a rolling boil in a large pot and place thawed lobster (in food grade safe package) into pot. Turn off heat and cook lobster for 7-8 minutes with lid on. Remove from pot, cool and chop meat. Strain ¼ cup of lobster juice from pack and reserve.
Cook macaroni according to directions. Set aside.
In a large pot, melt ¼ cup butter and add flour. Cook on low heat for 1 minute and stir. Whisk in cream and lobster juice and gently heat until smooth and sauce thickens. Turn off heat and add cheeses. Add macaroni and lobster. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Place in large casserole dish.
Melt ¼ cup butter and combine with fresh bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of Clearwater.