Green Onion and Ginger Lobster with E-Fu NoodlesPrint
An impressive entrée that celebrates traditional food elements with flourishes of new ones. The noodles represent longevity and are set off by the savoury addition of green onion, ginger and Canadian lobster to create a magnificent meal with meaning – a feast for the eyes as well as the soul!
Frying the Lobster
- 2-3 lbs lobster
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
Lobster, Sauce and Noodles
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 slices of ginger (2 thumb size knobs)
- 4 stalks of green onions
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing cooking wine
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- 140g E-Fu noodles
- Prepare the fresh lobster into 2-inch chunks, lightly batter with cornstarch, potato starch and salt.
- Deep fry each piece of lobster for 2-3mins in 350°F oil until the internal temperature reaches 135°F, set aside. Cook in batches as needed. The lobster will cook to 140°F when making the sauce.
- Cook the E-Fu noodles as per package instructions and set aside on a serving plate. Tip: Undercook the E-Fu noodles a bit as it will continue to cook when the hot lobster is served on top.
- To prepare the sauce, whisk together the cornstarch, water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and chicken bouillon powder.
- In a large wok, heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil, add garlic and ginger, and stir fry until aromatic. Then add in the fried lobster, cooking wine and sauce ingredients, stir fry until the sauce thickens and serve over the bed of E-Fu noodles.