Korean Lobster SlidersPrint
These Korean-inspired lobster sliders explode with delicious flavours. They make a perfect party appetizer, a popular potluck addition or tasty eats while watching the big game.
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Quick Pickle Slaw:
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced radishes
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp (20 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Lobster Filling:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) drained kimchi, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) frozen cooked Canadian lobster meat or pieces, thawed, drained well, patted dry and shredded
- Garlic Butter:
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 slider buns, split and toasted
- 24 small or torn Boston bibb lettuce leaves
- Quick Pickle Slaw: In small saucepan set over medium heat, add rice vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through and sugar has melted.
- In medium bowl, toss together carrot, cucumber and radishes. Pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly pickled. Drain and stir in sesame seeds.
- Lobster Filling: In another medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, kimchi, gochujang, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and pepper until blended. Stir in green onions and lobster until well coated.
- Garlic Butter: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In small bowl, stir together butter, sesame oil and garlic.
- Assembly: Brush slider buns with warm garlic butter and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Layer lettuce, lobster filling and slaw in buns. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Note: Substitute Boston bibb lettuce with leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce if desired, or use instead cilantro.