Lobster and Pea Pesto Hors D’OeuvrePrint
This pretty lobster canapé with a fresh pea and herb pesto is an easy and elegant party hors d’oeuvre that’s sure to impress your guests.
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time40 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 8 oz (250 g) frozen cooked Canadian lobster meat or pieces, thawed and shredded
- 3 small radishes, thinly sliced
- Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse peas under cold running water and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, pulse together peas, basil, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth. Add cheese, oil, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water; pulse until smooth and blended.
- Just before serving, spread pesto over baguette slices. Top with lobster and radish.
Chef’s Note: Alternatively, serve on crackers of choice.