Lobster Grilled Cheese SandwichesPrint
These decadent grilled cheese sandwiches make a satisfying meal for two any time of the day. Serve with a side of coleslaw, fries or tomato soup if desired.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 4 thick slices Gouda cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) frozen cooked Canadian lobster meat or pieces, thawed, drained well, patted dry and chopped
- Spread butter on bread slices and turn face-down on work surface. On two slices, spread mayonnaise and mustard. Top those 2 with a cheese slice, the lobster and a remaining cheese slice. Cap with remaining bread slices, buttered side facing out.
- In large skillet set over medium-low heat, cook sandwiches, turning once and pressing lightly, for 4 to 6 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese has melted.
- Cut grilled cheeses in half and serve.
Chef’s Note: If desired, serve grilled cheeses with salsa, gourmet ketchup or tomato jam.