Lobster Roll DipPrint
With all the lovely seaside flavors of a lobster roll, this crowd-pleasing dip is perfect for sharing.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 8 oz (250 g) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 8 oz (250 g) frozen cooked Canadian lobster meat or pieces, thawed and chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) drained capers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) store-bought garlic butter, at room temperature
- 1 bag (8 oz/250 g) thick-cut potato chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In medium bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth and blended. Stir in lobster, celery, capers, onion, chives, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, Old Bay seasoning, salt and black pepper until combined. Transfer to medium bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- On baking sheet, arrange baguette slices. Brush evenly with garlic butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and toasted.
- Serve dip with garlic butter crostini and potato chips.
Chef’s Note: Alternatively, serve dip with an assortment of crackers and breadsticks if preferred.