Mexican Street Corn and Lobster CanapéPrint
Corn and lobster pair nicely together in this Mexican-inspired appetizer that everyone will love.
- Prep Time20 min
- Total Time20 min
- 6 oz (175 g) brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed cilantro leaves, divided
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) frozen corn, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 8 oz (250 g) frozen cooked Canadian lobster meat or pieces, thawed and shredded
- In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth and blended.
- Reserve 6 tbsp cilantro leaves. Chop remaining cilantro and add to medium bowl of cream cheese mixture. Add corn, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, spoon corn mixture onto baguette slices. Top with lobster and garnish with reserved cilantro leaves.
Chef’s Notes: If desired, add crumbled feta or cotija cheese with the cilantro for a cheesy boost.
Alternatively, serve in mini tortilla chip scoops.