Summer Lobster Cobb SaladPrint
This stunning take on a classic Cobb salad with sweet lobster showcases the best of fresh summer flavours in every bite.
- Prep Time15 min
- Total Time15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 8 cups (2 L) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, pitted and diced
- 10 oz (300 g) frozen cooked Canadian lobster meat or pieces, thawed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked corn kernels
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, maple syrup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until blended. Stir in chives.
- In large bowl, toss romaine with half the dressing. Arrange on serving platter and top with rows of cherry tomatoes, eggs, avocado, lobster, bacon, blue cheese, corn and radishes.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Notes: Substitute blue cheese with goat cheese or feta cheese if preferred.
Use leftover shucked grilled corn on the cob if desired.